FilesAnywhere's Application Programming Interface (FAWAPI) enables your FilesAnywhere account to be integrated with applications and web sites using the standard web services. This allows you to establish automated processes to manage and operate; directly impacting your productivity and bottom line.
Using FilesAnywhere API you are now able to reach maximal transfer speeds using the new Speed Burst Feature.
FilesAnywhere API uses the industry standard SSL Encryption for access to https://api.filesanywhere.com. FilesAnywhere also requires a user authentication on login to access your account.
Sample code for each specific function is found under each function reference in this online document, for SOAP 1.1, SOAP 1.2 and Visual Basic .Net code. (beginning on P.17)
What can I do with the API?
The API enables programmers to perform most of the common FilesAnywhere functions remotely, with no user interaction. This includes:
- Account Login
- Basic File Uploads and Downloads
- Streaming Uploads ("AppendChunk" method)
- Basic Folder Management, like viewing folder contents and creating new folders
- Basic File Operations, like renaming and deleting files/folders
- Advanced File Operations, like copying and moving files/folders
- Advanced Folder Management, like viewing advanced folder properties
- Share Management, like creating new shares and managing existing shares
- Online Viewer Operations, like requesting page images for supported file types